PLease Note These Classes will now
be taught by Joey – Please contact her directly via www.joeyyoga.co.uk
Pregnancy yoga &
birth preparation classes
Specialist classes offering a complete mind-body approach to pregnancy yoga that incorporates the best of active birth and hypnosis for birth so that you feel calm and confident in pregnancy as you prepare for birth and mothering.
Every class is designed to support discussion, antenatal education as well as practice yoga positions, movement and breathing techniques (incorporating hypnosis for birth) that are beneficial in pregnancy, can be used in birth and which facilitate easy postnatal recovery. Classes are not drop in and require commitment so that women form strong friendships that will serve them long into their mothering years – this helps to create a safe atmosphere for sharing experiences and drawing on each other's wisdom and knowledge. We often have visiting birth professionals, such as independent midwives and doulas, as well as returning birth stories – from home births to c-sections – from women and their babies who have attended the class.
Jessica provides continuity of care with postnatal yoga classes for mum & baby, which have a similar format. Priority goes to women who have attended these classes during their pregnancy, so that the safety and support of the antenatal classes continues into the early weeks and months with a new baby.
Pregnancy Yoga & Birth Preparation Classes, BS3 Community (formerly Southville Centre), southville, Bristol.
Tuesdays 7.15pm to 8.45pm, BS3 Community (formerly Southville Centre),
Beauley Road, BS3 1QG.
Cost: £12.50 per class. First class one-off payment of £12.50.
Subsequent classes paid monthly (calculated according to the number of Tuesdays in a month, classes must be paid for in absence). From 38 weeks (or 36 with twins) drop-in £12.50 weekly. Booking: essential.
Fully booked for July, spaces available in August.
Classes running through summer.
Who is it for? The classes are suitable for first-time mothers, as well as those who already have children. It is for those who practice yoga, and for those who have never done yoga before. You can start anytime from 14 weeks and
continue until you give birth.
Pregnancy Yoga • Active Birth • Hypnosis for birth • Breathing • Relaxation • Friendship
• discussion and exploration of different aspects of pregnancy, birth and early parenting including the physiology of birth, hot topics in maternity care, experiences of pregnancy, addressing hopes and fears, strengthening inner resources and more.
• time to meet other expectant mums and build lasting friendships.
• the opportunity to listen to and ask questions about experiences of birth and early mothering from those women who return to classes to share their stories.
• focus on relaxing into your pregnancy and creating a space to simply be with baby.
• essential hypnosis for birth techniques, including how the mind works, the mind-body connection in labour, breathing, birth affirmations, visualisation and relaxation.
• flowing yoga postures integrated with active birth positions and specialist exercises to help you feel strong in pregnancy and fit for birth, and which will help to support postnatal recovery.
• simple and accessible meditation techniques that will help you stay centred in pregnancy, birth and beyond.